- Cheez-It and Home Wine collaborated on a limited-edition field with one-half Cheez-It authentic crackers and one-half Home Wine’s authentic purple mix wine.
- It is going to price $25 on Home Wine’s web site beginning Thursday.
- The field is moveable, making it ideally suited for summer time occasions.
- Home Wine’s winemaker, Hal Landvoigt, mentioned he particularly selected the model’s authentic purple mix to pair with the tacky taste of Cheez-It crackers.
- Go to INSIDER’s homepage for extra tales.
This summer time, you may get pleasure from cheese, crackers, and wine on the go — no corkscrew or fancy cheeseboard required.
Cheez-It and Home Wine are releasing a conveyable cut up field that mixes purple wine and tacky crackers, good for summer time picnics.
Beginning Thursday, the limited-edition Home Wine and Cheez-It field shall be accessible to buy for $25 at OriginalHouseWine.com.
The purple wine is meant to enhance the flavour of the Cheez-It crackers
This cut up field incorporates authentic Cheez-It crackers and a dispensable purple wine mix — 50% cabernet sauvignon and 50% merlot — from Home Wine.
This pairing was specifically chosen by Home Wine’s winemaker, Hal Landvoigt, who mentioned the purple currant and fruit flavors of Home Wine’s authentic purple mix complemented the tacky taste of Cheez-It is authentic baked crackers.
The manufacturers additionally shared different customized wine-and-Cheez-It pairings for individuals to attempt at residence
For those who do not handle to snag the cut up field of purple wine and authentic crackers earlier than provides run out, Home Wine and Cheez-It produce other customized pairings you may attempt at residence.
Home Wine recommends pairing rosé with white cheddar Cheez-Its, and sauvignon blanc with Cheez-It is “additional toasty” taste.
The model additionally says a glass of chardonnay completely enhances the flavors of Cheez-It Duoz sharp cheddar and Parmesan crackers.
These manufacturers aren’t the primary ones to pair wine and Cheez-Its
Individuals have been sharing their wine and Cheez-It pairings for years.
Final yr, Grub Road printed an article known as “Methods to Pair Wine with Cheez-Its” that included a small record of suggestions.
In 2017, Vinepair printed an article about pairing a wide range of cheese-flavored snacks (together with Cheez-Its) with wines.
And in 2015, Eater printed an “Ask a Somm” column during which a sommelier was requested how one can pair Cheez-Its and different snacks with wine.