Our mini-book — Concurrency by Tutorials — is now full with two new chapters that may full what it’s worthwhile to find out about writing performant and concurrent code in your iOS apps! And, for the subsequent two weeks, you will get this e-book for $10 off!
Learn on to be taught:
- Extra about Concurrency by Tutorials
- What’s new on this version of the e-book
- In regards to the creator
- How one can get your personal copy!
About Concurrency by Tutorials
Concurrency by Tutorials was a part of our mega Spring Fling final April, so you might have missed among the particulars of why that is such an ideal addition to your growth library.
Concurrency is the idea of a number of issues, or items of labor, working on the identical time. With the addition of CPU cores in our gadgets, realizing the way to correctly make the most of your buyer’s to the utmost is a should. Nonetheless, correct concurrency in iOS apps is without doubt one of the lesser-known matters that each developer needs to (and may) perceive correctly — however it may be intimidating.
We’ve created essentially the most thorough and concise information there’s on the market. At simply round 100 pages — and a slim worth to match – choosing up this e-book is a no brainer if you’re an intermediate iOS developer who already is aware of the fundamentals of iOS and Swift growth however who needs to learn to make your app effectively execute duties with out affecting efficiency, and the way to correctly divide work to make the most of to the fullest extent.
The e-book is damaged into 4 sections to offer you a beginning-to-end understanding of concurrency:
- Part I: Getting Began with Concurrency: This part will offer you the foundational information concerning concurrency, particularly how concurrency is dealt with by way of Grand Central Dispatch (GCD) or Operations.
- Part II: Grand Central Dispatch: Take a deep dive into Apple’s hottest and easy-to-use mechanism to jot down and handle concurrent duties – Grand Central Dispatch. You’ll learn to make the most of queues and threads to regulate the execution of duties in your app, in addition to the way to group these duties. You’ll additionally find out about widespread pitfalls and risks of utilizing concurrency, and how one can keep away from them.
- Part III: Operations: Though Grand Central Dispatch offers a lot of the concurrency capabilities you’ll want proper out-of-the-box, generally you’ll need some further customizability. That is the place Operations come into play. This part will train you about Operations, Operation Queues, and all the pieces in between.
- Part IV: Actual-Life Concurrency: To wrap up this e-book, this part shall be devoted to displaying you ways all the information you’ve gathered all through this e-book can be utilized for real-life functions. Take a deeper dive into a typical case the place concurrency performs an enormous position — Core Information — in addition to find out about Apple’s Thread Sanitizer as an ideal software to debug and resolve concurrency points and confusions.
Study asynchronous operations to optimize your workflow!
Concurrency by Tutorials is 100% full and is on the market immediately with two new chapters — and it’s on sale till Wednesday, July 31!!
What’s New in This Version?
Concurrency by Tutorials now has two new chapters that concentrate on concurrency in real-life apps:
- Core Information: Core Information works properly with concurrency so long as you retain just a few easy guidelines in thoughts. This chapter will train you the way to be sure that your Core Information app can deal with concurrency correctly.
- Thread Sanitizer: Information races happen when a number of threads entry the identical reminiscence with out synchronization and at the least one entry is a write. This chapter will train you the way to use Apple’s Thread Sanitizer to detect knowledge races.
Ideas like thread sanitization could appear intimidating, however this e-book will take you step-by-step and present you all the pieces it’s worthwhile to know!
Meet the Writer
Scott Grosch has been concerned with iOS app growth for the reason that first launch of the general public SDK from Apple. He principally works with a small set of shoppers on a pair giant apps. Throughout the day, Scott is a Options Architect at a Fortune 500 firm within the Pacific Northwest. At evening, he’s nonetheless engaged on determining the way to be a very good guardian to a toddler along with his spouse.
The place to Go From Right here?
Concurrency by Tutorials is accessible immediately, in full launch with two new chapters. Keep in mind, whenever you buy this e-book, you get the digital PDF, e-pub, supply code and undertaking recordsdata, and free updates!
- In the event you’ve already purchased the Concurrency by Tutorials digital version, you possibly can log in to the shop and obtain the up to date model, right here.
- In the event you haven’t already purchased this must-have addition to your growth library, head over to our retailer web page by Wednesday, July 31, to seize your copy at our particular launch low cost of simply $29.99!