As I see my evolution unfold earlier than me as a photographer– I’m beginning to suppose BEYOND single-images that get numerous likes on social media. As a substitute, I’m very on this notion of making image-collages — a visible tapestry of photos.
1. WordPress and ’tiled gallery’
A easy resolution is to make use of wordpress.com, and use the ’tiled gallery’ function. That is what I take advantage of to robotically have my photos collage into a pleasant little format as seen under:
2. Which pictures ought to I embody in my collage?
Actually– do no matter you need! For myself, I like to pick photos which put a smile on my face.
Easy methods you may also categorize your photo-collages:
- Location: For instance, all pictures from a sure metropolis like all pictures from Mexico Metropolis or Saigon. Or you possibly can broaden it to incorporate all pictures from a rustic (like my ONLY IN AMERICA mission).
- Temper: Choose pictures which evoke the same temper (often I categorize this based mostly on the digital camera I shoot with, with or with out flash, and the colour tones).
- Thematic idea: For my SUITS mission — I included pictures of males in fits, all feeling and looking depressing. My thematic notion was easy: Create a picture mission which tells the viewer, ‘Cash doesn’t purchase you happiness– we should uncover happiness some other place.’
three. Consistency and selection
I feel if you find yourself making a photo-collage, we wish to maintain issues visually fascinating for your self and in your viewer. A easy technique is that this:
Embrace photos which look visually comparable, but look visually dissimilar.
For instance what you are able to do:
- Embrace pictures all shot with the identical digital camera (however of various subject-matter).
- Have pictures of all the same composition, however with all completely different cameras.
- the identical subject-matter (all males in fits), however in several eventualities/conditions.
- Shoot all the identical aesthetic (all monochrome excessive distinction pictures), however with completely different belongings you .