In case you’ve up to date to macOS Catalina, you most likely already know that iTunes is gone and has been changed with separate Music, TV, and Podcasts apps. So syncing, backing up, updating, and restoring iPhone and iPad (Apple TV, too) works otherwise with the newest macOS launch. Learn on for how you can sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina with out iTunes.
Now that iTunes is now not in macOS Catalina, iPhone and iPad machine administration on the Mac has a brand new residence: Finder. When you get used to heading to Finder to sync, backup, replace, and restore your iPhone and iPad, every part else must be easy.
You probably have an Apple TV HD (4th-gen) or earlier, you may as well restore it together with your Mac (Apple TV 4K ditched the USB-C port so you want to take it to Apple for restores).
Learn how to sync iPhone and iPad to Mac in macOS Catalina with out iTunes
- Plug in your iPhone or iPad with a Lightning or USB-C cable
- If it doesn’t open mechanically, launch Finder
- Search for your related iPhone or iPad within the left sidebar beneath “Places”
Right here’s how a related iPhone or iPad seems in macOS Catalina seems:
Try extra about macOS Catalina under:
- Learn how to get your Mac prepared for macOS Catalina
- Learn how to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB set up drive [Video]
- macOS Catalina now out there, listed here are the highest 7 new Mac options
- Fingers-on: macOS Catalina prime options [Video]
- Last Lower Professional X receives new Steel engine for elevated efficiency together with inner/exterior GPU choice
- Unique: Apple Arcade hands-on with early entry trial video games on Mac [Video]
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Learn how to add hourly Taptic Chime alerts to Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Sequence 5: Utilizing the At all times-On show and how you can flip it off
- watchOS 6: Learn how to stream and play Apple Books audiobooks on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: Learn how to use the cut up invoice and tip calculator options on Apple Watch
- What are noise alerts on Apple Watch in watchOS 6?
- watchOS 6: Learn how to obtain apps immediately on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: Learn how to report Voice Memos on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: Learn how to delete built-in apps on Apple Watch
iPhone & iPad:
- Learn how to test in case your iPhone 6s is eligible for Apple’s new restore program
- iPadOS 13: Learn how to make iPad app icons and textual content greater
- Learn how to use the extremely huge digital camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Professional
- Learn how to use the QuickTake video shortcut with iPhone 11 and 11 Professional cameras
- Learn how to use iCloud Keychain to handle and retailer your passwords
- Learn how to take timed photographs with iPhone 11 and 11 Professional Digicam app
- Learn how to use Evening mode on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Professional