A Raspberry-pi handheld platform with a bodily keyboard, Show and Growth header for customized boards (Like Arduino Defend).
First check out this in 3D utilizingAutoDesk Fusion 360 On-line.
Now see some key options.
- mutantC v1.four
- It’s totally open-source . So you possibly can hack it as you want.
- You may make your expansion-card like gps, Radio and many others and fix them.
- You should utilize any Raspberry-pi type issue like Asus Tinker Board S / PINE H64 Mannequin B/ Banana Pi BPI-M4B and many others. You should utilize Pi zero to three.
- You possibly can acess all of the ports of the pi and the again half is hooked up with four screw.
- It could maintain a four” or three.5″ contact display screen. Even have a bodily keyboard hooked up by way of USB.
- It do not want any customized picture of Raspbian. You should utilize vanilla Raspbian and set up the LCD driver, that is it.
- So little components wanted to make one. See the parts_list .
- You should utilize C Suite Software suite made extra contact primarily based system on this. This apps are appropriate for small screens. See the C Suite .
So make yours and assist us to make a Neighborhood round it.
Academics! Did you utilize this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Trainer Notice to share the way you integrated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Getting Began
Once more check out this in 3D utilizing AutoDesk Fusion 360 On-line.
A Raspberry-pi handheld platform with a bodily keyboard, Show and Growth header for add-on baords (Like Arduino Defend).
Right here we’ll discusses what you’ll want to construct one. This system could be very simple to make, you do not want a lot of instruments and components.
No codding ability is required. simply fundamental stuff like add a code to Arduino, little ability in Linux CMD line to put in the driving force. Little soldering ability that is all.
You want this components to make one on your self (this aren’t affiliate hyperlinks):
- Raspberry-pi – zero, 2, three. (pi4 is just not supported, additionally it’s too scorching for this software and not using a fan).
- LCD – three.5 inch gpio LCD or four.zero inch gpio LCD
- Ardinuo for keyboard – SparkFun Professional Micro.
- Push buttons – 6x5x5 mm, 43 peices.
- Printed PCB – three.5 inch gpio LCD or four.zero inch gpio LCD
- 3d components – 6 (1 non-obligatory)
- FPC-connector – 2 pis (1mm pitch- 16 pin) hyperlink .
- FPC-cable – 1 pis (1mm pitch- 16 pin) hyperlink .
- Screw – 10 mm, 1.8mm width.
Step 2: Print PCB and 3d Components
Step three: Solder the Ardiuno Professional Micro and Buttons and FPC Connector
You’ve reduce the headers to maintain a low profile.
Do not wast your solder by soldering four pins of the PushBottons. Solely solder the two pins which might be linked.
Step four: Now Put the LCD
Right here you additionally hove to chop the header to slot in the case.
Step 5: Solder the Micro Usb Connector.
Step 6: Now Put All Togather
Step 7: Now Set up the Raspbian and Set up the LCD Driver
Set up the Raspbian within the sd card.
join the sd card and boot.
Now observe the information right here to put in the driving force.
After the driving force put in it’ll reboot. Now you possibly can see the boot within the Pi display screen.
I’ll add a picture which have the LCD driver put in. However do not know hoe to make. if you understand let me know will probably be very useful.
Electronic mail . firstname.lastname@example.org
Step eight: Use Othe Boards
See in an image i used a pi zero. you need to use any raspbery pi or similar type issue
Step 9: There Is No Battery??
Sure. You bought it proper. you possibly can energy it utilizing the PI or different boards Micro USB.
You may make a Add-On of battery to make it extra moveable.
I’m engaged on it.
In image that’s the place the place add-on goes.
There’s prototype add-on for now.
Be the First to Share