- After YouTuber Nikkie de Jager (NikkieTutorials) got here out as transgender on Monday, the sister of Too Confronted cofounder Jerrod Blandino shared a bitter assertion in direction of the YouTuber on Instagram.
- On Monday, Blandino’s sister, who goes by Dani California on Instagram, modified her Instagram bio to say: “Transgender huh? That is not the one factor she’s been LYING about.”
- As of Tuesday, the account’s bio learn: “Lets be clear, I really like trans individuals & dislike anybody who lies to harm others! Interval!”
- In a press release shared with Insider, Blandino stated he’s disgusted by his sister’s current actions. The make-up mogul additionally stated his sister not works for Too Confronted, and that he’s happy with de Jager.
- NikkieTutorials and Too Confronted had been beforehand concerned in a feud when fellow YouTuber Jeffree Star stated that de Jager had been paid minimally by the model for a collaboration make-up line.
- Go to Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
Too Confronted’s cofounder Jerrod Blandino is talking out towards his sister after she dissed YouTuber NikkieTutorials.
On Monday, Nikkie de Jager revealed in a YouTube video that she’s a transgender lady. Shortly after the video went viral, Blandino’s sister — who goes by Dani California on Instagram — modified her Instagram bio to say: “Transgender huh? That is not the one factor she’s been LYING about.”
As of Tuesday, Blandino’s sister had modified her Instagram bio to say: “Lets be clear, I really like trans individuals & dislike anybody who lies to harm others! Interval!” The Blandino household and de Jager had been beforehand concerned in a feud after the 2 collaborated on a Too Confronted make-up line again in 2016.
—Right here For The Tea (@HereForTheTea2) January 14, 2020
In a press release shared with Insider, Jerrod Blandino stated he’s ‘disgusted’ by his sister’s actions in direction of NikkieTutorials
“I wish to be certain that it’s understood that though I really like my sister very a lot, the issues she says or does have completely nothing to do with me and don’t in any method replicate me, my opinions, ideas, or emotions nor communicate for me or Too Confronted in any method form or kind,” Blandino stated in a press release despatched to Insider.
He continued to say that he has “all the time stood for love, equality and kindness in my life and the whole lot I do.”
“I’m sorry for the harm she has brought about,” Blandino stated. “Let it’s recognized that I’m actually shocked and disgusted to my core at her current actions. I don’t tolerate this conduct and she or he is not an worker of Too Confronted.”
The Too Confronted cofounder concluded his assertion by saying he’s “proud” of de Jager.
“I wish to say how proud I’m of Nikkie Tutorials, and the way impressed I’m for her power and sharing her stunning fact with the world,” he stated. “I’m sending all my like to her.”
Blandino and de Jager had been beforehand concerned in a feud with fellow YouTuber Jeffree Star
On July 25, 2016, de Jager introduced in a YouTube video that she’d collaborated with Too Confronted Cosmetics on a limited-edition make-up line. The gathering included an eye-shadow palette, eyeliner, eye-shadow primer, purple mascara, and a unfastened glitter.
One yr later, the collaboration led to a bitter feud with Too Confronted and the YouTuber make-up mogul Jeffree Star. In accordance with Revelist, Star posted a Snapchat rant in April 2017, throughout which he spoke negatively about Blandino. He additionally expressed frustration with the founder on Twitter and hinted at a feud between the model and de Jager.
A YouTube drama channel, Right here for the Tea, made a video in regards to the scenario that month and included screenshots of Star’s now-deleted tweets. It additionally featured an unique assertion from Star.
In accordance with the drama channel, de Jager was paid a $50,000 flat fee for a collaboration that offered over 150,000 $56 merchandise, equaling about $eight.four million in income. And although, in accordance with Right here for the Tea, de Jager was presupposed to be paid after six months — throughout which she apparently wasn’t allowed to work with different manufacturers — the blogger was reportedly paid by Too Confronted after 9 months.
Representatives for Nikkie de Jager and Jeffree Star didn’t instantly reply to Insider’s requests for remark. Insider was unble to achieve Blandino’s sister for remark.
- Learn extra:
- Contained in the lifetime of NikkieTutorials, a magnificence YouTuber who simply got here out as transgender in a brand new video
- NikkieTutorials says she ‘by no means even dared to dream’ in regards to the help she’s acquired after revealing that she’s transgender
- Influencers are sharing their help for NikkieTutorials, a magnificence YouTuber who simply got here out as transgender
- Magnificence YouTuber NikkieTutorials says she was blackmailed earlier than popping out as a transgender lady