raywenderlich.com is happy to announce that we’re launching a brand-new part of the location devoted to Flutter!
Flutter is the highly effective and developer-friendly multi-platform toolkit from Google that permits you to goal cellular, internet, and desktop all from a single codebase. Flutter’s recognition has grown tremendously because it reached beta in early 2018 and model 1.zero in late 2018.
With Flutter, you may have the potential to drastically scale back your growth effort and time for apps that concentrate on iOS, Android, and past!
Right here’s a fast overview of what’s coming:
- Why Flutter
- New Flutter Part on raywenderlich.com
- Flutter Video Programs and Screencasts
- Flutter Tutorials
- The place to Go From Right here
There have been a lot of makes an attempt to search out the holy grail of cross-platform app growth. Flutter is exclusive in that it matches native efficiency on each iOS and Android, and it encompasses a well-defined and easy-to-use widget strategy to UI growth. In truth, the current bulletins of SwiftUI on iOS and Jetpack Compose on Android mirror the widget-based strategy that’s been obtainable on Flutter because it’s inception.
Flutter growth is finished utilizing the Dart programming language. Like Swift and Kotlin, Dart is a contemporary language that options static typing and a multi-paradigm strategy to programming.
New Flutter Part on raywenderlich.com
Similar to our iOS, Android, Server-Facet Swift and Unity sections on the location, we now have a brand-new part of raywenderlich.com devoted to Flutter!
Simply go to Discover ➤ Flutter:
And also you’ll see this:
This new part of raywenderlich.com is your final useful resource for all the newest and biggest tutorials and articles that can assist you keep on high of every part you might want to learn about utilizing Flutter.
And to spearhead our new Flutter part, we’ve introduced on Brian Kayfitz as Crew Lead for this new Flutter neighborhood!
Brian’s profession had him engaged on video video games, eCommerce, productiveness, finance and journey apps. After spending years working as an iOS and Android developer, he sees Flutter as the subsequent massive pillar for cellular.
We wish to assist the rising Flutter neighborhood as finest we will, so Brian will work with our Flutter workforce to develop a lot of new content material for our Flutter part over time.
Now — on to every part we’re launching with our new Flutter part!
Flutter Video Programs and Screencasts
Subsequent is a curated assortment of latest and up to date video programs and screencasts for raywenderlich.com subscribers!
These programs and screencasts are designed to get you in control on working with Flutter.
We’re launching our first Flutter video course this week:
New Course: Programming in Dart – Fundamentals
Within the course, you’ll study the elemental constructing blocks of Google’s open supply programming language, Dart, the language for Flutter growth. Go from variables and information sorts to manage move, capabilities, collections, and defining your individual Dart courses.
We even have two Flutter screencasts:
Screencast: Getting Began with Flutter in Android Studio
On this screencast, you’ll dive into Flutter by writing a cross-platform app utilizing Android Studio.
Screencast: Flutter Navigation
On this screencast, find out about routes, navigation, and customized transitions for cellular apps written utilizing Flutter.
And there might be different video programs and screencasts to enhance your Flutter learnings, together with Your First Flutter App, Asynchronous Dart, and extra!
Need to get entry to those and different nice video programs? This curated choice of programs is already included in your raywenderlich.com subscription. Don’t have a subscription? You’ll find out extra a few raywenderlich.com subscription right here.
We’ll even be releasing a pile of latest and up to date Flutter tutorials over the approaching week, that can assist you study extra about subjects like Consumer Interface, Responsive Format, App Structure and extra!
- Getting Began with Flutter: Dive into the Flutter framework by writing a cross-platform app utilizing Visible Studio Code.
- Responsive Design on Flutter: Discover ways to construct a Flutter app that responds to structure adjustments equivalent to display dimension and orientation.
- Flutter Navigation: Study routes, navigation, and transitions for apps written utilizing Flutter.
- Parsing JSON in Flutter: Study getting and parsing JSON information from the web from a Flutter app.
- Utilizing the Digicam with Flutter: Discover ways to combine the system digital camera into your Flutter app.
- Google Maps with Flutter: You’ll discover ways to combine the Google Maps API into your Flutter app by creating an app to point out locations to eat close by.
- Dart Fundamentals: Get an introduction to the fundamentals of the Dart programming language, used for growth with Flutter.
- Dart Cheat Sheet and Fast Reference: Obtain a useful Four-page PDF Dart Cheat Sheet and Fast Reference!
- Getting Began with the BLoC Sample: See how you can use the favored BLoC sample to architect your Flutter app and handle the move of knowledge by your widgets utilizing Dart streams.
- Flutter Textual content Rendering: Study how Flutter renders Textual content widgets and see how you can make your individual customized textual content widget.
The place to Go From Right here?
Flutter has change into the quickest rising toolkit for cross-platform cellular growth! Now’s the time to rise up to hurry with Dart and Flutter, and start to make use of Flutter as a device in your cellular growth arsenal.
To recap, right here’s the schedule for our one-week Flutter launch:
- August 26: Flutter website launch; Getting Began with Flutter and Responsive Design on Flutter tutorials.
- August 27: Programming in Dart: Fundamentals video course; Flutter Navigation and Parsing JSON in Flutter tutorials.
- August 28: Google Maps with Flutter and Utilizing the Digicam with Flutter tutorials.
- August 29: Dart Fundamentals tutorial and Dart Cheat Sheet and Fast Reference.
- August 30: Getting Began with the BLoC Sample and Flutter Textual content Rendering tutorials.
And that is solely the start!
We’re dedicated to creating extra new tutorials, programs, and screencasts on Flutter growth, with the aim of turning into the “go-to” neighborhood for every part associated to Flutter.
We are able to’t thanks sufficient for your whole continued assist. Remember to keep tuned for extra Flutter tutorials!
Do you wish to write Flutter tutorials with us? If you’re obsessed with Flutter and need to set up your self as a Flutter skilled, drop us a notice and tell us!